Huawei Nova 8 and Honor V40 Tipped to Launch in December, With Similar Quad Camera Setup

first_imgHuawei Nova 8 and Honor V40 series could both come with a quad rear camera setup similar in design, according to a picture leaked by a known tipster. The provisional camera designs of the two phones kept side-by-side in the picture look very similar. In a separate leak, another tipster has claimed that the Huawei Nova 8 series and the Honor V40 series could both be launched in December, refuting an earlier report claiming the launch would take place in November. These leaks come even as a report claims that Huawei will be selling its sub-brand Honor in a CNY 100 billion (roughly Rs. 1,12,100 crores) deal soon.As per a report by Playfuldroid citing tipster Changan Digital King, Huawei will hold separate events for the Huawei Nova 8 series and Honor V40 series launch. Huawei launched the first phone in the Huawei Nova 8 series earlier this month. The Huawei Nova 8 SE has a quad rear camera setup, supports 66W fast charging, and comes with the octa-core Dimensity 720 SoC. A ‘High Edition’ of the phone with 5G support was also launched at the event.- Advertisement – The rear camera design leak, shared on Twitter by a tipster, shows both the Huawei Nova 8 and the Honor V40 sporting a similar design. The While the phone claimed to be Huawei Nova 8 seems to have a rectangular camera module with a quad rear camera seems and an LED flash, the other phone in the picture, speculated to be the Huawei Nova 8 series, has an oval-shaped camera module with a similar-looking quad rear camera setup.The leaks and speculations around the launch of the two phones have come close at the heels of a Reuters report that claims Huawei plans to sell Honor in a CNY 100 billion (roughly Rs. 1,12,100 crores) deal to a consortium led by handset distributor Digital China and the government of its home town of Shenzhen.Is OnePlus 8T the best ‘value flagship’ of 2020? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.- Advertisement – – Advertisement –last_img read more

Total preparing FID for Ikike field development in Nigeria

first_imgIMRA GroupFrench oil company Total is reportedly preparing to make a Final Investment Decision for its Ikike field development offshore Nigeria. This is according to the Nigerian news website Vanguard.Vanguard on Monday said that a Total Nigeria executive gave the Ikike FID indication during last week’s arrival ceremony in Lagos for Total’s 200,000 bpd Egina FPSO.Nicolas Terraz, CEO at Total E&P Nigeria, reportedly said Total’s next project in Nigeria would be the Ikike, in cooperation with Nigeria’s NNPC.“We have not started yet. We are studying security issues. We are working with NNPC to reach the FID,” Vanguard cited Terraz as saying.The Ikike field is located in the OML 99 license offshore Nigeria, with Total being the operator with a 40 percent stake. The project is expected to be developed as a tie-back to Amenam (5 wells) platform.If the FID is made in 2018 the field is expected to start production in 2020 at a rate of 45 thousand barrels of oil per day. The field is estimated to hold reserves of 70 million barrels of oil equivalent.Offshore Energy Today Stafflast_img read more

Woman found Dead inside Burned Delray Beach Home

first_img SHARE DELRAY BEACH, Fla. — The state fire marshal is investigating the cause of a house fire Monday morning in Delray Beach.A woman was found dead inside the abandoned home on Southwest Fourth Avenue shortly after 6:15 a.m. Monday.When police and firefighters entered the home, they found a woman dead inside, police spokesman Ted White said.The woman’s body was taken to a medical examiner’s office to determine the cause of death.Woman found dead inside abandoned Delray Beach home that caught fire https://t.co/ObngtNeIkA pic.twitter.com/r1i0uX56Kz— WPTV (@WPTV) July 13, 2020last_img read more

Windies Women end disappointing World Cup campaign with 92-run loss to England

first_imgTHE West Indies women’s team ended a disappointing World Cup campaign on a low note following a 92-runs loss to England at the Bristol County Ground on Saturday.Already eliminated from advancing to the competition’s semi-final the Windies had hoped to end the tournament on a high note, but England, who had eyes on finishing top of the group, clearly had other ideas.Sent in to bat the English seemed in all sorts of trouble despite an enterprsing half-century from captain Heather Knight, only an unbroken eighth-wicket stand of 48 from Jenny Gunn (31 not out) and Laura Marsh (24 not out) saw the hosts through to 220 for seven.In reply, however, the West Indies could hardly muster much of a response. The team was two wickets down as early as the 13th over and with less than 40 runs on the board after opener Kycia Knight was run out for 17 and captain Stafanie Taylor trapped leg-before by Marsh. Matthews was dismissed in similar fashion by Alex Hartley for 29.Chedean Nation was next to depart having put up 23, the beginning of a terrific spell from Natalie Sciver, which also saw her snare wicketkeeper Merissa Aguilleira lbw just two balls later and then also Afy Fletcher on three – the ball was missing leg stump but West Indies had no reviews left.Sciver’s four-over spell ended with three wickets for just three runs, and one maiden.Akeira Peters failed to trouble the score after falling to Katherine Brunt for a duck with West Indies then 100 for eight in the 37th over as the run-rate edged into double figures.Anisa Mohammed was lbw to Anya Shrubsole for 14, while Kyshona Knight finished not out on 12 as West Indies ended 128 for nine.last_img read more