Meanwhile, 303IB commander, Army Colonel Inocencio Pasaporte, lauded the attentiveness of the local populace as mishandling explosives could have caused serious injuries and loss of life./PN BACOLOD City – A team of explosives and ordnance disposal experts from the military detonated five explosives yesterday in Barangay Busay, Bago City, Negros Occidental. Major John Joel Batusbatusan, Bago City police chief, then requested assistance from the 303IB’s Explosives and Ordnance Disposal Battalion to safely dispose of the items. Bago City police, several local officials, and local residents responded to the area and found more explosive devices. Philippine Army’s 303rd Infantry Brigade spokesperson, Major Franco Ver Lopez, said they received a resident that a farmer unearthed a fragmentation grenade in his rice field. Personnel from the 1st platoon and 2nd company of the disposal battalion facilitated the process. Among the recoveries included one fragmentation grenade, a rifle grenade, a projectile grenade, and two fuse assemblies.
Press Association But when Daniel Agger leapt highest at the corner, Sturridge was afforded far too much room inside the six-yard area to turn the ball home. It was the kind of start Moyes must have dreaded, raising the decibel level of an already pretty raucous occasion. Robin van Persie was not far away with an overhead kick after Patrice Evra had knocked down a Ryan Giggs free-kick, but largely it was an opening period of unremitting frustration for the visitors. Van Persie was one of three United players cautioned and the half ended with an angry exchange of words between Steven Gerrard and Van Persie, whose focus appeared to have slipped somewhat after an earlier tangle with Agger. It was not that Liverpool were creating lots of opportunities, David de Gea saved a decent curling free-kick from Gerrard after Glen Johnson’s powerful burst had been halted unfairly and the excellent Philippe Coutinho curled a free-kick over the crossbar, but Liverpool’s main advantage came through their control of the game, with Lucas outstanding alongside his captain in that crucial central-midfield area. United did return with a bit more purpose at least. Michael Carrick started to find his passing range, which allowed Young, and then his replacement Nani to threaten from wide positions. Still, United’s increased attacking threat came at the exposure of their defence, and the risk of a killer second. Nemanja Vidic almost gifted it to Liverpool with an underhit back-pass that had De Gea rushing to clear as Johnson closed in. Nani forced Simon Mignolet into his best save of the match 15 minutes from time, just before Johnson became the latest member of Hodgson’s squad to depart, limping pretty badly after a crunching clash with Evra. Van Persie could not make the most of a late opportunity provided by Javier Hernandez, and although five additional minutes of injury time brought a few nerves, in the end it was the hosts who came closest to scoring, De Gea brilliantly turning over Raheem Sterling’s powerful drive. If that was not bad enough, Wayne Rooney faces a few weeks on the sidelines with the head injury sustained in training on Saturday, and with the transfer window closing at 11pm on Monday night, Moyes is still to make his first significant signing. Not that United’s travails will bother Liverpool, who dominated the opening half, then had enough defensive muscle to resist the visitors’ late rally. If United’s first half was bad, spare a thought for Roy Hodgson. The England manager now knows he will be without Rooney for the vital World Cup qualifiers with Moldova and Ukraine. In addition, he saw Phil Jones limp off after the defender landed awkwardly jumping for a routine header. To top it off, he was forced to watch from a seat normally afforded to visiting scouts as a result of what he was told was a “clerical error”. It seemed a pretty woeful oversight on a day when the presence of Victor Moses, Mamadou Sakho and Tiago Ilori in the directors’ box showed Liverpool’s intent for the last day of the transfer window. At least Hodgson had Sturridge’s form to console him on the drive down to St George’s Park. Liverpool’s match-winner against Stoke and Aston Villa on the Reds’ perfect opening to the season, Sturridge bagged another as the hosts made a lightning start. The former Chelsea man had already given warning of his threat when he seized on the loose ball after Jordan Henderson had harassed Ashley Young into a mistake. Rio Ferdinand turned away his shot on that occasion. Daniel Sturridge provided a fitting tribute to the memory of Bill Shankly with a fourth-minute winner in the 1-0 victory over Manchester United that maintained Liverpool’s 100 per cent start to the Barclays Premier League season. Monday would have been Shankly’s 100th birthday, and it will be celebrated with Liverpool back in their customary position as winners, with Sturridge now bagging the only goal in all three matches so far. In contrast, Manchester United manager David Moyes endured a depressing day. He failed to claim a hoped-for first win at Anfield following 12 unsuccessful visits with Everton.
Everton striker Arouna Kone admits he has to prove his worth next season after missing seven months of his maiden campaign through injury. “I realised the fans and coaching staff were waiting to see the best of Arouna Kone and around that time I felt I was coming into a bit of form so it was an extra disappointment,” the 30-year-old added. “As a team Everton have had a fantastic season which gives me a huge motivation to prepare for next season. “On a personal side, it has not gone as I’d hoped. I look back with a bit of pain and regret. “I have not played as many games as I would have liked due to this injury. It is something I never thought would have happened. “It is painful to sit in the stands and watch. “I would often say to myself that the style of play I was watching would suit me down to the ground. “You turn that around and it is a positive and hopefully we can make next season more successful than this one has been.” Press Association The Ivory Coast international sustained a knee injury in October which prevented him from playing again, meaning he managed just six appearances without a goal after his £6million move from Wigan last summer. Kone is to forego a lengthy summer holiday to ensure he is back to full fitness by the time pre-season comes around. “The most important thing is for me to be in the best possible shape I can be for the start of next season,” he told evertontv. “I have decided not to go on a big holiday, I am staying in Europe to work hard over the summer period, so I can hit the ground running when pre-season starts in July. “This season has been pretty much a non-starter for me so next season is when it starts. “It all about working hard so the fans can see the best of Arouna Kone. “It is going to mean an awful lot to me to wear that shirt next season because I’ve not made my mark in the club’s history. “The season coming for me is where I have to prove my worth and I am ready to take on that challenge.” Ironically Kone believes he was just starting to find his form in his fifth Premier League substitute appearance when he sustained the injury against Hull – against whom he came closest to scoring his first goal when he hit the post – on October 19. And unfortunately for him in his absence the team played the sort of football he thinks will benefit his style of play.
SHARE DELRAY BEACH, Fla. — The state fire marshal is investigating the cause of a house fire Monday morning in Delray Beach.A woman was found dead inside the abandoned home on Southwest Fourth Avenue shortly after 6:15 a.m. Monday.When police and firefighters entered the home, they found a woman dead inside, police spokesman Ted White said.The woman’s body was taken to a medical examiner’s office to determine the cause of death.Woman found dead inside abandoned Delray Beach home that caught fire https://t.co/ObngtNeIkA pic.twitter.com/r1i0uX56Kz— WPTV (@WPTV) July 13, 2020
SEVERAL District representatives for the National Schools Championships do not think that schools place enough emphasis on or support towards sports, which places an added strain on the respective Districts when the athletes go to Nationals.Speaking with Chronicle Sport the District reps remarked that many schools see the inter-house and inter-school, and Nationals, more of a “distraction” than as an essential part of school life, and would hardly put systems in place to accommodate students who wish to support the events.“Some schools are not sports-inclined and they don’t really see sports as important. For example, some schools in our district will have school when we have Inter-school, just the athletes will go to the sports, so that alone tells you the thinking of the headteachers.Once you are having sports the entire school should be there supporting their colleagues because the motivation from the supporters will be very good,” voiced one District rep.Another District rep urged that the school needs to understand the benefit of sports noting that: “At the end of the day you can’t only be looking at the book aspect. At the end of the day you need a well-rounded individual.”The sports rep pointed out that the lack of interest shows up when an athlete has talent and is able to make it to Nationals. The schools do nothing to train the athletes but leaves it up to the District to train ms.This becomes difficult for the District which does not get a preliminary period to train athletes before Nationals. They are calling for more active Physical Education teachers.“Taking a team to Nationals you have to train the athletes to do things after the Champion of Champions. We should not have to do that.A lot of athletes come to inter-school not knowing the basics of the events but the teacher just pushed them. The teacher said, ‘We have to get somebody to jump so you just go jump’. They need more emphasis on the physical education part of the school curriculum.”Schools need more PE teachers. And if you have the PE teachers in the schools systems they need to work with the students before they come to Inter-school.”However, at least one representative for a District outside of Georgetown noted that when it comes to sports in their District schools are very supportive and would always put measures in place to accommodate athletes who have to take time off from school to participate in sports.Moreover, they report that when inter-school sports is held there is always overwhelming support from the schools, parents and community.Nonetheless in other parts where things are not so well off, reps believe that the change needs to start at the Ministry of Education level. There was a renewed call for the ever-so-long-awaited sports policy“The Ministry is a whole other story,” one District rep lamented, “They need to probably have the sports policy in place in the sense where they let everyone know that sports is important. Most administrators don’t view sports as important. They simply view it as a distraction, or a way to hurt people’s head in a sense. But once the administrators know the importance of sports, that’s when we will get the change.”In 2015 the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sport was absorbed as a Department under the Ministry of Education, being touted as one of many steps to see the importance of sports and culture in schools being emphasised.