Here’s more from the report:Lisa Alvarez said Ancrum was at a childhood friend’s house when an argument about a video game led to the shooting. Ancrum was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center, where he was pronounced dead.Police identified the gunman as 16-year-old Jatwan Phillips who appeared in court on Wednesday. He faces a charge of aggravated manslaughter, though it’s unclear if he will be tried as an adult, according to the the article.Ancrum was a three-star recruit who was set to finish his junior year at Miami Norland High School in the next few weeks.The three-star corner held offers from Bowling Green, FIU, Southern Miss, and USF, though that list was expected to grow after his standout performance at The Opening Miami. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)Earlier this week, a high school football player was shot and killed in Miami.According to a report from 247Sports, Class of 2020 football recruit Joshua Ancrum was tragically killed in a shooting in Miami Gardens on Tuesday afternoon.Ancrum’s mother confirmed his passing to WPLGLocal10 and revealed the heartbreaking details that led to his death.According to the report, Ancrum’s mother, Lisa Alvarez, said he was at a friend’s house when he was shot after an argument about video games.
2 February 2009Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has called on the Government of Sudan and the rebel Justice and Equality Movement (JEM) to cease all military activities in South Darfur, warning of the impact on local civilians of renewed fighting between the two sides. Mr. Ban is “gravely concerned by reports of a build-up of Government and rebel forces in the area around Muhajeria in South Darfur,” according to a statement issued last night by his spokesperson.“The Secretary-General calls on the Government of Sudan and the JEM to cease all military activities in South Darfur,” the statement added.Recent clashes in the Muhajeria area has exposed about 30,000 people to previously unseen levels of violence, destroyed an aid agency’s office and forced the UN to relocate its staff.The joint African Union-UN mission in Darfur (UNAMID) reported that the security situation in the area remains relatively calm and unpredictable due to aerial bombardments and frequent movement of unidentified aircraft over the town of Muhajeria. In addition, UNAMID estimates that 5,000 people have concentrated at its base for the second time since the recent fighting began on 15 January. It was also reported that two people were injured during an explosion that occurred earlier in the day and were taken to a hospital in Muhajeria.“The Secretary-General reminds all parties of their obligations under international humanitarian law and expresses his deep concern over the suffering which these military confrontations would bring to the civilian population, including the thousands of internally displaced persons who have sought refuge in camps and villages surrounding Muhajeria,” the statement said.He reiterated that UNAMID “will continue to do its utmost to protect civilians in these difficult circumstances” and reminds the parties of their fundamental responsibility to work with the mission to ensure that civilians are protected from harm.Other parts of Darfur – where a six-year conflict between rebels and the Government and allied Janjaweed militiamen has led to an estimated 300,000 deaths and forced 2.7 million people to flee their homes – also remain tense following clashes between Government forces and other rebel movements.